Tulsi herb, from which the Tulsi tea is derived, has been a favorite remedy in India in the treatment of various health conditions. For more than five centuries, Indians have used the herb and tea to enjoy the benefits it produces on the spirit, body and mind. Holy Basil is the other name for Tulsi herb. Indians also refer to Tulsi tea as Holy Basil tea. When in India, any person who orders for Tulsi or Holy Basil tea would get the same beverage. The scientific name of the herb is ocimum tenuiflorum. The plant from which Tulsi tea is derived has the ability to grow up to 60cm in height. It has several benefits as listed below.
Benefits of Tulsi or Holy Basil Tea
- Respiratory: Tulsi tea has proven to be very effective in the treatment of various respiratory problems such as coughs, mild colds, asthma and bronchitis. This is because of Tulsi’s remarkable components such as immunomodulatory, expectorant, and antitussive.
- Cardiovascular: Tulsi tea is rich in magnesium, which is necessary in the treatment and prevention of heart diseases. The magnesium ensures that the blood vessels work in the right manner.
- Reduction of fevers: The anti-microbial properties found in Tulsi tea are responsible for the reduction of fevers. The anti-microbial components ensure that Tulsi tea speeds up the recuperation from some major infectious fevers such as malaria and dengue.
- Stress Reliever: By drinking Tulsi tea regularly, one would be able to keep stress hormones, also know as cortisol hormone, within normal levels. This is why Tulsi is a renowned natural anti-stress reliever or herb.
- Dental/Oral health: Tulsi is an aromatic herb, thus the best for dental and oral health. The anti-microbial properties that Tulsi has makes it perfect for resolving any condition that might arise thus hampering dental and oral health.
- Skin/hair: The presence of antioxidants in Tulsi tea means that it has the ability to act as a remedy for various skin and hair conditions. Many people have drank Tulsi tea and seen their skin improving in beauty and health. It prevents the age-related problems on the skin.
- Headaches: Tulsi tea is greatly beneficial in the treatment of headaches, thus ensuring that the maintaining the right moods, physical stamina, and enjoying a good sleep at night are all possible.
- Weight Loss: Tulsi tea is one of the cheapest and most effective natural weight loss products. It is effective because of its ability to increase metabolism, thus accelerating the process responsible for burning of fats.
- Digestive System: Drinking a few cups of Holy Basil tea every day ensures that the digestive system is in excellent condition. The tea also aids the function of a healthy liver. It ensures proper metabolism, in addition to improving lipid absorption and assimilation.
Other benefits of drinking Tulsi tea include the treatment of kidney stones, diabetes, cancer, nervous system, and arthritis. People who have tried to quit smoking without much success should also consider drinking a few cups of Holy Basil tea on a daily basis.