Spearmint tea derives its name from the herb that goes by the same name. Spearmint is one of the species found in the mint family. As an herb, spearmint has been an active component of many products, such as cosmetics, mouthwashes and toothpastes. It is also a common ingredient in many health products. The therapeutic properties of spearmint mean that any person who takes spearmint tea is likely to enjoy some remarkable health benefits. It is worth mentioning that spearmint is rich in vitamins. It is also rich in antioxidants and some of the most vital of all nutrients, thus making it ideal for people who desire to drink tea that have health benefits.
Benefits of Spearmint Tea
- Antioxidant: The fact that Spearmint tea is rich in flavonoids and phenolic means that it is able to give the user the much needed antioxidants that help fight free radicals. The body needs plenty of antioxidants, without which free radicals would have a free reign and cause untold damage to the body’s internal system. Oxidation would produce some astounding damages in human tissue if left unattended, and this is an issue that the antioxidants produced by Spearmint tea seek to address.
- Antifungal: It is worth noting that spearmint tea has essential oil that carries some amazing antifungal properties.
- Digestive problems: Spearmint tea is one of the most effective types of tea in relieving stomach or digestive problems. This is because of its ability in relaxing the stomach problems. It is also very effective in reducing nausea. The ability to reduce nausea is due to the fact that spearmint is one of the most effective anti-emetic herbs, which are renowned for their ability to reduce or eliminate vomiting, nausea and other related symptoms. Pregnant women who experience vomiting and nausea as part of the morning sickness are able to enjoy some relief by drinking spearmint tea on a regular basis.
- Abnormal Hair Growth: Many women experience this condition, where hair grows abnormally on places it should not. This commonly occurs on the chest, chin, back and just above the lips. Many women have no idea how to resolve this problem. The condition arises when a woman has a much higher number of male hormones. The increase in male sex hormones in women arises because of some drugs and specific medical conditions. Any woman who experiences such a condition, called hirsutism, should drink two cups of spearmint tea everyday. Within the first five days, the number of male sex hormones in such women shall have reduced significantly, and the unwanted hair shall start disappearing.
- Memory: The fact that spearmint tea contains powerful antioxidants makes it ideal for people who need memory boost. Any person who desires to improve his learning skills should take a few cups of spearmint tea every day. People who notice a decline in their cognitive abilities due to the aging process should also take spearmint tea on a daily basis.
Other benefits of taking spearmint tea include the treatment of sore throat, arthritis, cramps, toothaches, common colds, diarrhea, muscle pains, stress, fatigue and headaches. A daily drink of spearmint tea is also able to fight off inflammation. Spearmint tea is also very effective in the killing of bacteria.