Cinnamon tea is derived from cinnamon, which is one of the most popular and commonly used spices in the world. For thousands of years, cinnamon has been the favorite of many cultures primarily because of its ability to treat various kinds of ailments. Many people prefer inserting a few cinnamons into their tea before drinking. Others prefer brewing the tea with cinnamon before pouring in a cup and drinking. Alternatively, many go to the local stores and buy tea produced as cinnamon tea. Regardless of the option that an individual takes, there is no denying the fact that cinnamon tea has many health benefits.
Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
- Lowering cholesterol: Cinnamon tea ensures that the cholesterol levels in the body reduce drastically. It also ensures that the heart remains healthy.
- Fighting viruses: Cinnamon tea is able to fight viruses due to its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, an anti-viral components. Cinnamon is able to fight the viruses that cause common cold and flu. It also inhibits the growth and blossoming of harmful bacteria. It combats all manner of infections.
- Anti-inflammatory: Chronic inflammation is a common occurrence in many diseases such as cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, infertility, diabetes, IBS, obesity, osteoporosis, and Crohn’s among others. Drinking cinnamon tea ensures that the inflammations shall not arise regardless of whether the patient suffers any of the aforementioned diseases.
- Antioxidants: The number of potent antioxidants found in cinnamon tea exceeds what I in all other types of herbs and spices. A single teaspoon of cinnamon contains as much antioxidants as what is in a half-a-cup of blueberries. Antioxidants provide the body with adequate protection against free radicals. Antioxidants fight and prevent chronic diseases.
- Blood Circulation: Poor circulation of blood has negative effects on the body. Poor circulation of blood leads to constipation, emergence of varicose veins, and painful joints. To find relief from all these conditions, prepare and take some cinnamon tea and the warmth that it produces within the body would enhance proper circulation of blood.
- Weight loss: Cinnamon tea has been one of the most frequently used natural weight loss remedies. The presence of antioxidants in the tea boosts metabolism. Cinnamon tea ensures that the digestive system works properly. By boosting metabolism and ensuring that the digestive system works properly, cinnamon tea plays a crucial role with regard to weight loss.
- Improve body temperature: people whose hands and feet get cold frequently take cinnamon tea as a way of increasing their body temperatures.
- Stabilize blood sugar: The fact that cinnamon tea is rich in polyphenols means that it is very effective in stabilizing blood sugar.
- Improves the functioning of insulin: Cinnamon tea is able to improve how insulin functions, thus lowering the risks of contracting diabetes.
- Reduces risk factors for heart diseases and diabetes: People with a high risk for developing type 2 diabetes and other heart ailments, should not worry any more. They only need to take enough cinnamon tea to remove all these risk factors.
- Good for digestion: Cinnamon has the ability to soothe and calm the intestines as well as stomach. It also relieves flatulence and reduces gas. It improves how the colon functions. It also reduces stomach ulcers.
- Pain reliever: Any person who suffers menstrual cramps, throbbing headaches and migraine, should take cinnamon team for pain relief.
- Eliminates muscle pain: Take some cinnamon tea when the muscles are very painful, especially just after some workouts as a way of eliminating the muscle pain.