Chamomile(Camomile) tea is a favorite of people who love herbal tea or drinks. It is an herb. The flowering plant from which the tea is derived belongs to the daisy family. The flowers, whether dry or fresh, have been used in the creation of tea for several centuries now. This type of tea has many health benefits. Many people have been using the tea in treatment of an upset stomach. The tea is also highly effective in improving sleep for people who struggle with sleeping disorders. The two most commonly used types of chamomile include Roman and German, which are popular due to the health benefits that they produce in people who take them.
Benefits of Chamomile Tea
- Stomach problems: In hundreds of cultures, chamomile tea has always proved very effective in the treatment of various kinds of stomach ailments. Chamomile tea contains the anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic components that give it the ability to treat various types of stomach ailments. People who experience intestinal cramps frequently are able to enjoy some relief from all this by taking chamomile tea.
- Insomnia: People who experience sleep disorders are often able to enjoy great relief by taking chamomile tea. The insomniacs need not worry any more about finding a very effective home remedy for this sleep disorder now that they can use chamomile tea. Any insomniac can find relief and be able to sleep well at night by preparing and taking the chamomile tea between 30 minutes and 45 minutes before going to bed.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Chamomile tea has the ability to reduce all types of cramping. A cup of the tea would get rid of any type of pain that is restricted within the bowels. Any person who struggles with excess gas and too much bloating within the intestines should consider taking chamomile tea. A cup of tea is capable of eliminating irritable bowel syndrome, stomach flu, gastroenteritis, and nausea.
- Migraine and headaches: The tea provides a very effective cure for migraines and headache. The minute the symptoms of migraine appear, prepare and take a single cup of chamomile tea. For the best results, prepare and take a cup of tea before the migraine or headache becomes severe.
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome: The regular drinking of chamomile tea has proven very effective in the treatment of menstrual cramps. This makes it very effective and useful in women, since they are the ones affected by menstrual cramps. Since women also experience premenstrual syndrome, they shall experience relief from all these by taking a cup or two of chamomile tea.
- Burns and Scrapes: Chamomile tea has always been one of the most effective remedies for treating burns and scrapes.
- Lightening Skin: Chamomile is also very effective when used to lighten dark skins. Many people prefer bathing in water that is mixed with some chamomile tea as a way of lightening their skin tone.
- Lightening dark eyes: Many people look for remedies for the dark circles that form around their eyes. Chamomile tea is one such natural but highly effective remedy in getting rid of the dark circles. Look for two tea bags. Place them in warm water for around two minutes. Remove them and allow the tea bags to cool down to room temperature. Place them on the eyes while sleeping.